Friday 22 June 2012

Frames, Frames, Frames

Creating a statement at home with your family photos does not have to be expensive. I have done a post previously about frames but wanted to do another one as I come across a lovely collection of frame at Next when shopping for baby clothes. They have a nice selection from classic gallery mount frames to something a little more exciting with a lovely use of words. Prints start from as little as 5p these days which is why I sell the soft copies so there is no excuse other then laziness not to get them printed and framed.

Shabby chic
I heart shabby chic and for £14 you really cant go wrong with this frame. Why not try taking a set of photos in one location so the colours look the same through out eg. at park or on the beach. Below you will see I picked 3 very similar but also completely different pictures from yesterdays maternity shoot to show you how well it can work. The running theme is the background and colours. I don't encourage to many outfit changes with my shoots so that the colours can flow perfectly through out.

Maternity shoot


Gallery wall
I am a huge lover of a gallery walls. I cant wait to decorate and build up a new collection of images from bump to baby. Here you can see a set of 3 but why not create even more of a statement and have 3 sets of 3. However saying that this simple set of 3 can work great both vertical and horizontal. These 3x3 mounts are perfect for making small places more exciting like hallways and landings. I would also recommend using nice detailed shoots to break up the collection. You can see with these new born images I have selected some tiny toes, tiny hands and then I nice strong face shot as the centre of attention

Newborn shoot

Get creative using different shapes in different rooms

When taking family portraits I some times have parents come in, worrying and questioning why I am taking so many photos, obviously worrying about cost once they have seen the images. Its not about taking hundreds of photos to make it difficult for you to choose, its about getting a nice selection of story telling images. Not to mention naturally there will be blinking eyes and images that just don't work or aren't very flattering. Once I have got a nice selection of family images, I like to get a nice set of strong individual images of the children, the children together, the girls together and then the boys together and visa versa. You can see below how well it looks once putting them all together in a frame. You get to see individual characters and capture relationships between each other. Again you will notice a nice set of colours and tones working well through out the collection. Some images in fact dont make an impact on their own but will work great in a collection to build up a story. I cant believe this beauty of a frame is only £16! I think my nursery will defiantly be needing one!

Family shoot
The best shoots really are the families who come in relaxed and go with the flow, not worrying about the end result. If you have a budget, great! I have something for everyone and if you are worrying to much, I would recommend postponing a family shoot until you are comfortable investing capturing your family at that moment in time. You need to be able to come along and enjoy the moment and let me create something special for you to take home and frame in more ways then one. One of these frames would make a lovely gift. A great budget present which looks impressive for friends and family members such as the grandparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment