Thursday 30 August 2012

5am Wed 27th

Oh hello funny pain in my belly, you feel a bit like a bad period pain at its worst, could you be what they call a contraction?

So here are two versions of my labour:

The short break down:

Wed 5am...

Contractions start 30 mins apart - sitting in bed

Wed 10am...

Contractions are 20 mins apart - Have a long bath

Wed 1pm... 

Contractions 15 mins apart - Pop to Windsor for a Nandos, Yup thats right Nandos! A girls got to eat and keep her energy levels high

Wed 10pm... 

Still only 15 mins apart - Go to bed and try to sleep

Thurs 3am...

Contractions are 10 mins apart - Becoming a bit of a bitch now and are really starting to hurt. Go to Wexham, get examined and sent home. Only 3cm dilated

Thurs 9am....

Contractions 5 mins apart, maybe 3, who cares I'm in pain and have stopped counting! Plus feeling lots of pressure around my butt like i could actually try to go to the toliet and she would pop right out. However my waters still havent broken yet.

Thurs 10am...

Contraction very close - standing in the hallway waiting to be examined

Thurs 11am...

Examined, midwife very surprised to see i am 9cm. Waters break as i stand up to pop panties back on

Thurs 12pm... 

Finally get on the gas and air, sitting on a gym ball whilst waiting for the birthing pool to fill up

Thurs 12.30pm... 

No time for water birth, on all fours on a gym mat, whilst leaning on a gym ball, pushing...

Thur 1pm...

Eva Rae Carrington was born weighing 7lb8



Thursday 1.05pm...

Heavy bleed, lots of people called into the room, all very dramatic of course as they couldn't see where the bleed was from. Placenta was delivered and then taken down to a labour room. Turns out there was a internal tear. Stitching starts, Stitching finishes. Senior lady comes in to have a look and moans its all wrong and stitching starts again. Was hell.

Thurs 5pm...

I get to hold my baby girl :)





Mum, best friend Miss B and Mr C's family start sneaking in to visit.

So to sum it all up, I had a great labour and an awful finish.


Would I do it again? Ill get back to you on that one!


I'm not going to lie I was a little bit proud of myself and how I dealt with labour. Im thinking the Hypnobirthing classes must have really worked in my favour to have stay at home until I was 9 cm dilated and only 1 hour of gas and air. Its true what they say when you forget the pain when you look at your baby and do it all over again, so maybe i would do it again but no time soon!




1 comment: